Sunday, June 12, 2011

Welcome!

Hello everyone and thank you for following along.

I plan to update my blog as often as possible throughout my trips to Switzerland, Cape Town, New York, and Canada. I leave on Tuesday, June 14th for Geneva, Switzerland, where I will be staying with the lovely Ali Fleurent and her family.  For the rest of my travel plans, please visit the Itinerary page as well as Maps and Information for details about dates and locations.  I will have my laptop with me throughout the trip, so feel free to shoot me an email anytime.  My contact information can be found on the Contact page.  Please note that Geneva and Cape Town are nine hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time and six hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.

I will be spending the majority of my summer in Cape Town, South Africa, studying and living in the dormitories at the University of Cape Town (UCT).  UCT is the oldest university in South Africa, with 23,500 undergraduate and post-graduate students.  Including myself there will be eight William and Mary students participating in the study abroad program.  We will be taking two courses: Economic Inequality in Multiracial Societies taught by W&M professor Berhanu Abegaz and a Community Engagement course through SHAWCO, a student-run non-governmental organization that helps improve the quality of life for individuals in impoverished communities in the Cape Town metropolitan area.

The University of Cape Town

Once again, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I am very excited for the trip, and I hope to keep in touch throughout the summer.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time on your trip. We are very excited for you and wish that we could join you. Hurry home. Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about it! Have fun, love you :] - Marissa Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start, man! Nice quote on the side of the page too. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete